Thursday, December 23, 2010

My 7 Favorite Christmas Songs

Ok, yesterday, I said I would post my Top 10 favorite Christmas songs.  I did not realize at the time that I would have this much difficulty coming up with ten.  So I'm going to roll with seven.  This is my blog and I will do as I please here.  Bah Humbug. 

7.  O Come, All Ye Faithful.

6.  Carol of the Bells

5.  The First Noel


The Final Four have been very difficult for me to rank.  I'll give them to you as I have them at this exact moment, but it changes by the hour.  I've provided some youtube links for these four.   

4.  Christmas Canon Rock.  The Trans-Siberian Orchestra has another version of Christmas Canon that you'll hear on the radio.  That's the choir boy version and isn't very good.  The rock version is awesome.

3.  Hallelujah Chorus.  The most recognized part of the Handel's Messiah, one of the great works of all-time.

2.  O Holy Night.  This song is so good, Roseanne could sing it and it would still be listenable.  We'll go with this Sandi Patty rendition, though. 

1.  You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch.  This song has it all... a catchy tune, amazingly descriptive language and vocabulary, and Thurl Ravenscroft pulls off one of the coolest vocal performances ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment