Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thoughts on the Browns game tomorrow....

I'm very interested to see how this game goes offensively for the Browns and specifically Colt McCoy.  The Jaguars will be by far the easiest test McCoy will face so far in his young career.  Jacksonville is decent against the run, but Peyton Hillis should still have no problems doing what he always does.  However, the Jags secondary is horrible.  I want to see if the offensive game plan will be to attack that weakness.  If the Browns wideouts can't get some separation and get down field this week, they're never going to.  I'm hoping to see more of Evan Moore tomorrow.  Josh Cribbs is out, but I don't believe that will hurt the offense much.  Special teams is a different story...

On the other side of the ball, I'm a little concerned that Scott Fujita is out.  He's just a really smart player that provides on-field leadership for the D.  I'm hoping Shaun Rogers is healthy enough to play every down this week... he is a force that blows up a lot of passing plays with his penetration.  Jacksonville's offense has been hot lately, with surprising production from the passing attack.  Getting pressure on Garrard will be key, but I still think they might connect on some big plays on our secondary.


Prediction:  Jacksonville is at home where they usually play considerably better than they do the road, but I don't think that will matter to the Browns, as the way the Browns play (running the ball, stopping the run) travels well.  This looks like a relatively high scoring, entertaining game to me, but the Browns will pull it out... Cleveland 27 Jacksonville 24.  

No comments:

Post a Comment